2021 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
Are you in search of a luxurious, versatile SUV that can handle everyday commutes, off-roading treks, and everything in between? When properly equipped, the 2021 BMW X5 can tow up to 7,200 pounds. This upscale SUV offers four powertrain options so Riverside drivers can select the one that will deliver the power they’re seeking on and off of Greenwich roads. Learn more about X5 towing and performance capabilities with BMW of Greenwich!
BMW X5 Towing: Performance Specs
Each 2021 BMW X5 features an 8-speed sport automatic transmission. While the base trim level offers rear-wheel drive, the higher trims have the BMW xDrive all-wheel-drive system that allows for better traction and trailer stability for towing purposes. The BMW X5 offers Rye drivers four engine options that feature different weights and capacities:
BMW X5 sDrive40i 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine
- 7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity
- RWD–delivers 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque
- 827 pounds payload capacity
- 4,758 pounds curb weight
BMW X5 xDrive40i 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine
- 6,602 pounds maximum towing capacity
- AWD–delivers 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque
- 849 pounds payload capacity
- 4,813 pounds curb weight
BMW xDrive50i 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 6,603 pounds maximum towing capacity
- AWD–delivers 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque
- 871 pounds payload capacity
- 5,170 pounds curb weight
BMW X5 M50i 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity
- AWD–delivers 523 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque
- 882 pounds payload capacity
- 5,260 pounds curb weight
BMW X5 Towing: Tow Package
When Cos Cob drivers like you opt for a brand-new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i, you can also add an optional factory-installed BMW X5 tow hitch for $550. This Class III trailer hitch will boost your X5 maximum towing capacity to 7,200 pounds. Although, it’s important to note that the vehicle’s foot-activated tailgate will be removed.
BMW X5 Towing: Off-Road Package
Do you plan on towing a camper for your next family camping trip? If so, then you’ll want to select the optional Off-Road Package ($3,950) that will enhance your power and safety. Check out everything that comes with this off-road package:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: When traveling at low speeds, your X5 can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: When the X5 comes with this M Sport Differential, the vehicle benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that gives drivers better control during cornering.
- xOffroad Package: This package features front and rear underguard elements, a mechanical differential local, and four off-roading drive models to optimize the vehicle height and powertrain settings to handle sand, rocks, gravel, and snow.
Test Drive the BMW X5 at BMW of Greenwich Today!
Does the BMW X5 have the features you need to enhance your on and off-roading experience? Contact us to arrange a test drive and get behind the wheel of this luxurious SUV. Or, browse our new X5 inventory to find the trim level that works best for you. Want to facilitate the car buying process from the comfort of home? Shop and buy online to find the perfect BMW, complete all of the paperwork, and even get your new X5 delivered right to your front door! We can even help you learn more about the BMW X7 price and trims as well as about other models!
More On BMW Models & Features
The 2021 BMW X7 starts at $74,900 MSRP and is offered in three different configurations. Learn more about the new BMW X7 prices and configurations below with our team at BMW of Greenwich so you can find the BMW X7 configuration that’ll help you revitalize your Riverside commutes. Learn More View Inventory 2021 BMW X7 Configurations For…
It isn’t hard to fall in love with the look and feel of the 2021 BMW 4 Series. After all, this stylish coupe has no trouble turning heads on the roads near Greenwich and Riverside. What’s it like to sit behind the wheel? Although we couldn’t blame you for wanting to schedule a test drive,…
Are you in search of a luxurious, versatile SUV that can handle everyday commutes, off-roading treks, and everything in between? When properly equipped, the 2021 BMW X5 can tow up to 7,200 pounds. This upscale SUV offers four powertrain options so Riverside drivers can select the one that will deliver the power they’re seeking on…